Confederate Memorial Day June 7, 2014 Baltimore, Md.
TO: ALL CONFEDERATE REENACTMENT UNITS
ALL SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS CAMPS
ALL UNITED DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY CHAPTERS
ALL HISTORICAL, PATRIOTIC, HEREDITARY ORGANIZATIONS
ALL FRIENDS OF THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF
ANNUAL CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY
CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY is celebrated in Maryland each year on the first weekend in June nearest to the birthday of President Jefferson Davis, Once again this year the Colonel Harry W. Gilmor Camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans has the honor of assisting the Maryland Division of the United Daughters of the Confederacy in planning and presenting the CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY ceremony at Loudon Park Cemetery, Baltimore, Maryland.
The purpose of the ceremony is to honor the thousands of soldiers who served the Confederacy during the War Between the States. Over 600 Confederate soldiers are buried at
including Colonel Harry W. Gilmor, General
Bradley T. Johnson, and Colonel James R. Herbert. Almost all of the states that gave troops to
the Cause of Loudon Park Southern
represented by the honored dead at
. Loudon Park
We would like to cordially invite you and all the members and friends of your organization to participate in this important annual ceremony. The event can only be successful with your help. CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY will be held on
SATURDAY, JUNE 7,
Loudon Park Cemetery is located at the
3800 block Frederick
southwest . This is about three to four mile east of
Exit 13 of the
Baltimore beltway, Rt. 695. We would like to have all military units
meet at Confederate Hill between and Baltimore
The tentative program includes:
* March on of troops
* Invocation by UDC Chaplain
* Pledge of Allegiance to the
* Salute to the Confederate flag
* Introduction and welcoming remarks by SCV, MOSB, and UDC representatives.
* Presentation of memorial wreaths and floral tributes by various patriotic
organizations and military units. Please let me know if you plan to bring a wreath.
* Rifle salute
THE UNITED DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY WILL PROVIDE REFRESHMENTS; LEMONADE, COOKIES, ETC. FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS FOLLOWING THE CEREMONY. BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
* Military units, please bring ALL your colors, your drummers and fifers, if any, and as many men as you can muster. Please consider dressing as you would for a parade, not field duty. We ask that reenactors under 16 years of age not carry muskets or edged weapons.
* If you have contacts in other Confederate reenactment units, please invite them or ask them to call us for details.
* All groups, military or civilian are encouraged to bring wreaths or floral tributes to be placed at the
in memory of our Confederate
patriots. Stonewall Jackson Monument
* If you have contacts in the PRESS, invite them to attend.
For additional details call Elliott Cummings 410-296-9235. . THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
G. Elliott Cummings
Col. Harry W. Gilmor Camp #1388, SCV